Thursday 19 January 2012

Rafikis - more than the local watering hole


Rafikis in long street is one heck of a great place to stop over at. Literally I am not kidding you, every single time I go there, I either see mates from years ago, most of which are highly successful or complete bums, or I end up making some incredible new friends.

Located on Kloof, you can't miss this gem of a bar, restaurant and all of the bits in between that you never, ever want to talk about again.
I decided to ditch the diet and have a snack that included the onion rings off of their very basic, but still practical menu. They were fan-bloody-tastic!

The batter around those suckers is so perfect, it's as though they took a majestic cape and covered themselves whilst listening to opera. I'm getting that metaphorical guys... But don't turn down the burgers either whilst a nice draught is at your side.

So I did the cheeky girlfriend thing and decided to have a few bites from people around me, say I wasn't hungry anymore, and when his food came... Well it became my food at that point.

With their special drinks and BURGER specials on a Tuesday night, I had a great time making tipsy comments at people poker skills and had a great time on the balcony, overlooking the CBD.
It's a definite for a chilled night out with friends, and the budget is also worth it, not a cash strapping venue in the slightest. Go Rafs!

No comments:

Post a Comment