Thursday 12 January 2012

Mungo and Jemima in Long Street

Mungo and Jemima on Long Street is the perfect place to skip away to on the pretense of a coffee break.
Along the right hand side of the road, it's easy to miss this little gem, but when you're like me and you're on a mission to find a perfect summer cozzie, you will go out of your way to find those spots.
I walked into to the (thankfully) airconditioned little shop and immediately noticed that the theme from them for this summer is that subtle clothing is all the rage, with delicate pastels and some interesting hair pieces, you can find some day/night outfits all in one go.
Whilst I oh, so infatuated by these outfits browsed, something quite colorful caught my eye, a charming one piece that had some gold embellishments and a chain to join the low cut front together.
Now normally nothing screams "Persian nightclub owner" like a gold chain across a red top, but this whole costume screamed, oh rather showed class and elegance.

With a peacock motif the outfit really does just call to me, and lo and behold, I am now carrying a signature Mungo and Jemima bag with the promises of a beach day.

When I turned around towards the back of the store, I saw some cute hairbands that had a 1920's flair to them, the hipster inspired to need to add to everything excessively didn't stop here, yet these pieces are cute and detached, perfet for a variety of outfits and bound to be beautiful all on their own.

My personal favorite being the little silver, sparkly bow.

All and all, the shop is well priced for the quality of clothes that it provides, but don't hope for it to be something that won't empty that little purse of yours.
I love the clothes, love the designers and I will most certainly make it a go-to spot for my summer shopping must-haves.

No comments:

Post a Comment