Thursday 12 January 2012

Beluga, the sushi and more

During the week, I like to keep things low key and tend to go to some of the most beautiful restaurants in Cape Town with a delightful gaggle of beauties that I call my girlfriends.
Last night was no exception and as soon as we walked into Beluga, (Near the Victoria Junction hotel) we felt an air of sophistication, class and our eyes wandered over the 3D menus that were in front of us.

Sitting outside is a must, it's beautiful and very relaxing in a quite gated community styled area, only you and some offices abandoned long ago by their staff.
Service was excellent with our rather nice (and cute) waiter Anthony happy to reel off a memorised list of the most delicious starters, mains and the eventual deserts, pausing to stop and give a personal opinion that was most helpful, and definitely used as a guideline.
I started with my favorite, sushi, the Tuna Crunch.Without a doubt it is the reason for my being!
A tuna California Roll with a delicious battered and crispy covering, as well as a dollop of japanese mayo that blows the senses away.
Even though it wasn't their half price sushi special from noon to 7pm, it was still a great price for the 8 pieces that would have cost an exceptional amount anywhere else.

Then I had a main of miso-styled Kingklip on a bed of crushed potatoes, and salad. I found the fish to be simply exceptional and owing to my penchant for the Kingklip, it being my favorite dish at any restaurant, I wholeheartedly endorse the beauty of the flavour and style of cooking with flair that engulfs you.


All and all, I think that after I then had the desert of white Lindt chocolate beignets, I will never be able to eat chocolate elswhere ever again.


Meal was delicious,prices were perfect, service was fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect for a Girls Night Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment