Thursday 12 January 2012

Cafe Mozart in Church Street


Cafe Mozart.
On a cute little corner, one can walk past the antique market littered with jeweled (fake) delights and the ever so often pearled comb, to walk up to the picketed enclosure surrounding Cafe Mozart in Church Street, just down from Long Street.
For a simple price, R35 for a small, and R40 for a large salad take-away from the buffet, or R45 to sit down in this idyllic little restaurant surrounded by trees. 

I decided that as a once off, I would stay and do a sit down lunch. I was highly impressed, the fact that I managed to find a quaint little table outside was apparently like striking for oil in the middle of your backyard, it just doesn't happen and I was watched by hungry customers lining up to find their own venue.
Walking inside and loading up my plate was a lot of fun, I personally love clean and healthy food that tastes divine, and I wasn't left waiting, the buffet supplied a various selection of garden and roast vegetable salad with my favorite being any that involved Avo and a little bit of grilled chicken.
They also have a nice selection of sandwiches and some basic lunchtime essentials to ensure that you and your friends are wholeheartedly appeased.Walking back outside in the sun, a friendly waitress took my drinks order and I sat quietly eating my healthy and inexpensive lunch, along with my cappuccino in hand.
My friend across from me, a lady that shares my foodie ideas, also did the salad and can concur that it will soon be our little hangout spot, our lunch date venue (when we can get in) and our 'salad place.'



I liked the cute venue and the food was delicious, simple and for the price, the quality was great.
Definitely somewhere I would go again, but you need to get there quite earlier to avoid disappointment and to ensure that you get a table, but the take-away option is fantastic, so either way a nice meal is guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment