Monday 23 January 2012

G-Zis was Here







G-Zis was here.
Well, at Assembly.

Well, he turned my ear-drums into mush and then he decided to go ahead and try convert me to christianity.
Not that I have a problem with that at all, but you can definitely agree that most of the club was rather surprised to hear a blasting of baby-jesus music coming from the overhead speakers, heck! I think even the bloke that was fixing the speaking was shocked for a second.
But then came the bass.

The entire club went crazy with a break that actually has a similar sound to more European dub but hey, I didn't see anyone complaining! The sound was quite intense, and most of the people in the audience, myself included, as was my group of mates, were jumping wildly in the air, sloshing drinks... EVERYWHERE!
It was like a vodka-lime-water shower.
Mmmm... Vodka lime!

Here's a sound clip from last night for those of you that decided not to attend SYNW student night at the assembly and missed out.
Daddy Warbucks also just brought it all home in the end, making up for how bloody packed the club was.

This is a bio taken directly from their spot on The Assembly website as possible SYNW regulars..

"G-Zis is the DJ duo of Alex Fourie and Adriaan Louw. Already established in their own rights - Fourie as the keyboardist/trumpeter of Afrikaans indie band Foto Na Dans, and Louw as a prolific music photographer - G-Zis was formed as an outlet for their eclectic musical tastes for symphonic/melodic electro. Making their debut as the featured act of See You Next Wednesday in May 2011, G-Zis is set to ascend through the ranks as a DJ duo comfortable in any scene".

http://soundcloud.com/g-zis/xmas-rave-sokkie-mix

That song just pumped my up, I'm still a bit delicate, but I'm already getting ready for another SYNW.




No comments:

Post a Comment